Thursday, November 19, 2015

Thinking Out Loud: Grateful

   thankful and grateful:

       I recently started a "1,000 Things List". I was inspired by Lynette Marie's list on her Instagram. Each day I add a few {big or small} things that I am grateful for. Since I have started this little project, I am more aware of all the little things that life has to offer. Each day is a gift and we should live it to the fullest.

      Today I am thankful for ...

    1.  Franklin adjusting well to his fur-ever home. He has come along way from when we first got him.  He was so shy and timid, but now a week and a half later he is slowly coming out of his shell. He is going potty outside and becoming much more playful! Franklin is definitely becoming part of the family.


     2. Time spent with loved ones. Saturday morning I spent some time with my parents {We went to IHOP & I got the new Caramel Bon Bon Pancakes - they were delicious}. Wednesday my husband had off of work and we spent the day together.

     3. A wonderful home. I really love our apartment. It isn't super big but the layout makes it feel spacious. We looked at quite a few apartments before we settled on this one.

    4. My health. To most, I am not the picture of health - I take medicine to feel semi-well and my neurological system just doesn't work. But I am so grateful for the parts of my body that do work. I think back to a year ago and I wasn't even able  to walk 10 feet without feeling awful. Now I take multiple walks a day. Its all about perspective. Am I as healthy as I would like to be? No. But I am making progress and I am grateful I am not where I was a year or two ago.

     5. Delicious Food. Our society vilifies food but it is a source of energy and fuel. I don't see fat as something that will make me gain weight. I don't see carbs as a thing that will pack on the pounds. I see them as essential nutrients our bodies need to function. You don't expect your car to work with out fuel, don't expect your body to work right without the fuel it needs!

Happy Almost Friday!
What are you grateful for this week? 

*Linking up with Running with Spoons*

No comments:

Post a Comment