Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Salted Caramel Protein French Toast

      I love trying new treats. 
      I received a sample of Quest's Salted Caramel Protein Powder and was brainstorming of a good way to try it out. Typically I would throw it in a protein shake and call it good. I think protein shakes are the best way to get the true flavor of a protein powder. However, I had heard that Quest protein baked/cooked really well. So I decided to get a little creative and thus Salted Caramel Protein French Toast was born!



Salted Caramel French Toast 
topped with Salted Caramel Protein Sauce

  • Two egg whites
  • a dash of cinnamon
  • half a serving of Quest Salted Caramel Protein Powder
  • a splash of Silk Vanilla soy milk
  • two pieces of whole wheat bread (I used Nature's Own Whole Wheat)
I combined the two large egg whites with cinnamon, protein powder and soy milk. I soaked each piece of bread in the mixture for about 15 seconds and then cooked on stove until outside of bread was no longer soggy looking.

Since I have no maple syrup in the house, I made a protein syrup out of peanut butter (10g), about a teaspoon of the Salted Caramel protein powder and soy milk to thin it.


Do you like to bake/cook with protein powders?



No comments:

Post a Comment