Monday, October 19, 2015

Macro Monday

     Welcome to Macro Monday! I have talked about my reverse diet and macronutrients (carbs/fat/protein) a little bit in the past. So I thought I would show you a full day of my meals and snacks. Each day is completely different, this is just one random day I choose to photograph.   
     Reverse dieting is a specific kind of IIFYM (if it fits your macros) diet. I have a certain number of grams of protein, fat and carbs I eat everyday, for me these number changes weekly. I can eat what ever foods I want as long as I hit my designated grams of fat, protein and carbs. Because this diet leaves lots of flexibility in choosing what you want to eat, it has been given the name "Flexible Dieting". 



My day started with a hard boiled egg topped with Pink Himalayan sea salt while I heated up my 'real' breakfast. 



'Real' Breakfast - Leftover shredded chicken with french cut green beans and BBQ chicken



Mid-morning Snack - Peanut Butter Cookie that my mom brought over the day before. 
It was delicious, Thanks Mom!



Lunch - Mesquite Smoked Turkey Breast on Honey Wheat Bread 
with White Cherry Gatorade (unpictured)


Afternoon Snack - Vanilla Greek Yogurt with vanilla soy protein powder mixed in (wouldn't do that again...) topped with warmed up fiber chocolate brownie and sprinkles.


Dinner - Shredded Buffalo Chicken with broccoli, carrots & cauliflower on the side  (not pictured)
It was good, but spicy.


Nighttime Snack/Dessert - A serving of Despicable Me Honey Maid Crackers (...cookies?) and part of a three musketeers bar.  Minions are too cute.

Also non pictured lots and lots of water. I was a little short on protein but I hit my other macros on the mark. With flexible dieting you don't have to eat the typical 'diet' foods. I ate what I wanted/was craving.

What kind of diet do you follow?

No comments:

Post a Comment