Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Fitness Goals

Goals are important to have. If you have no goals, you have no motivation to keep going when it gets hard(er) or you feel like giving up. You should have goals in different aspects of your life but today I will be talking about fitness goals. I recommend having goals that are measurable.



My current fitness goals are...

PULL UPS - I want to be able to do 5 pull ups in a row. Right now I can do 2 in a row, on a good day, and none on a bad day. I haven't set an exact time period in when I want to be able to achieve this goal, hopefully before the end of the year!

BUILD MUSCLE - I have measured my arms, chest, waist, hips, thighs, and calves. I have taken pictures. I know that since I look in the mirror every day I will not see the change in my body as much as others around me will. Pictures and measurements give me something to compare and reflect on the progress I am making.

PUSH UPS - I had to include them, they are in my blog name! I think push ups are a really good work out! I am a big fan of bodyweight work outs, you can do them anywhere! My goal is to be able to do 20 in a row.

DO MORE - Be more active. Life a closer to normal life. Be stronger than my illnesses.
So this goal isn't exactly 'measurable', but I know I will be able to feel the different. I hope to notice I can sit and stand longer, walk through more of a store before I feel completely drained and just be able to enjoy the moments without fear of the payback my body will haunt me with later.

INVERSION YOGA - I think this is such a cool form of exercise! It is very impressive and requires a great amount of core strength (something I am currently lacking). Due to my health this is not something I can currently attempt but it is a 'one day' goal.

I have a few measurable goals, I have a general health goal and I have a 'one day' goal.
What are your goals?

No comments:

Post a Comment